Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Failure and Decisive Leadership

Watch the video on Failures developing Success:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6hz_s2XIA&feature=related

Watch the video a second time and jot down some notes on what must have been the influencing factors that influenced these leaders to not give up?

One of the necessary ingredients to success involves learning from failure. Many see failure as a closed door rather than another part of the journey. Our perspective must change about failures and difficulties in life. These are defining moments for leadership. Our decision to either learn and grow from these failures or simply turn and quit rest on the our perspective on failures. These leaders mentioned in this video were relying on more than just a perspective on failures though.

These leaders had a right vision or a right perspective to live for and when failure came, they made decisions to respond differently to these failures. These leaders did not let circumstances dictate their response to failure. They CHOSE to pursue their vision in life despite any set backs. WHY? Speculate on those reasons and share what criteria must we possess to decide to use failures as ingredients for success.

12 comments:

  1. er, it said it has a malformed video id? idk what that means..but it wouldnt let me watch it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says video id is malformed and it would not play, if you can check it out and fix it would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as nikola and ellen have previously stated. it won't let me watch the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you said everyone has failures or downfalls in their life. How you respond to those obstacles determines your character and your leadership skills. You have to decide to see past those set backs. Whenever something upsets me or something happens that really brings me down. I only see it as a test from God. I think he gave me this obstacle to overcome, now i have to act on it. Use your failures to help you in the future. Learn from your mistakes and you have success.

    ps the video wasn't able to be viewed haha as stated above

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any other opportunity to watch this video?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think failure discourages people to give up, but I believe that when a leader meets failure the voice in their mind that says never to give up, finds a way to surpass failure. Anybody can learn from mistakes and it takes personal drive to mend mistakes and make them successes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't watch the video but I know from experience that you can't let failures or hardships bring you down or stop you from living your life. I've had many failures in my life but I only see them as a place for me to grow and learn more about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I belive that in order to be an effective leader you need to see problems as opportunities, define the PROBLETUNITY! We need to see failure as just another chance to bouce back and keep on trying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it wont let me view the youtube movie something about it being malformed

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry still cant find our watch video

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cody right on the money...according to me anyway. problems are opportunities to test your ability to solve and bounce back. they make you a better person

    ReplyDelete