Monday, February 22, 2010

A Mission Statement Clarifies Purpose



Clarifying your personal mission as a developing leader will enable you to aim and hit your "target" in life! Having a personal mission statement built on personal values clarifies your purpose in living and pursuing 21st Century Leadership! How can you be an effective leader without first clarifying what it is you are trying to be and accomplish?

Here is what Coca-Cola has posted on their website for their mission:

"Our Roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
To refresh the world...
To inspire moments of optimism and happiness...
To create value and make a difference."
Go to the following website and fill out the questionnaire that will help you get started on developing your mission statement.
Once you have your list of answers to the questions, create your own mission statement and post it as a comment.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mission is to touch the lives of everyone I work with earning respect primarily by using my natural talents and gifts, encouraging others to do the same useing organization, positive thinking, selflessness, persistance, and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal in life is to have a positive impact on those around me, to strive to improve myself, to be content with what I have, and to make my faith evident by my lifestyle. This will be accomplished through consisent hard work, the use of my natural abilities, and putting others before myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mission is to improve my characters and values, and standing up for what I believe in. With a clear conscience, speaking up, and sacrfice of time this can be achieved. I need to keep up my positivity and "never say die" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mission is to make myself a better person. I want to make an impact on peoples lives. I want to give instead of get. I have to work hard at accomplishing these goals and put others first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goal is constant self-improvement by achieving the goals I set for myself, and by personal improvement to influence other people. I want to move on all the time, believing in myself and not to notice any obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mission is to touch the lives of every person I come in contact with! I want to stand out to every patient I work with(if I end up working in a hospital...as planned!! :) ) I can and will achieve this by keeping my priorities straight and my goals always at the top of my list. I can help myself do this by reflecting daily on my actions that day and my list of goals I have made for my life. A positive attitude will greatly help and keep many doors open while opening new doors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mission is to help others who have lost someone that is close to them. Help others out when it is needed. Spend time with family and friends. And be strong, understanding, and caring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete